Breastfeeding? Lose That Pregnancy Weight Now!
If you have recently had a baby and then weighed yourself, it is highly likely that you either felt absolute shock or complete disbelief. Though having a baby is one of the most wonderful things that could happen to you, it is normal to be so disappointed at the way your body changes its shape after you’ve given birth.
There is good news though. You don’t have to keep feeling bad and disappointed, because the weight that you put on during pregnancy can be shed with a little persistence and discipline in your life and your diet. Weight control is in fact advised as you are progressing through your pregnancy.
Many women take yoga classes or exercise regularly throughout their pregnancy so that they have a healthy weight gain and are able to lose that weight readily after they have given birth. However, if you have not done that, it is not too late to start now. You can chose a weight exercise from amongst several popular ones.
Fluid retention is common after giving birth therefore the first step towards losing weight is to check your joints, ankles, face and arms. If they appear swollen, it is because of fluid retention. Fluid can be expelled from the body by eating a diet rich in fiber. Herbal teas like those of lemon grass and chamomile can also help you get rid of excessive fluids from your body. If you again want to be thin weight loss is the only way you can get to it. Here are some tips that will definitely help you.
1. Examine your diet carefully. Replace all drinks and foods which are high in sugar content with fresh lime water. You can also choose from sparkling or clear water as neither have any calories.
2. While snacking, try not to binge on fast foods or fried foods. Instead keep healthy snacks like cereal bars, nuts and wheat crackers handy.
3. If you are a meat eater, avoid red meats and include only lean meats in your diet.
4. Replace white bread with breads made from whole cereals.
5. Diet and exercise go hand in hand when you are planning to lose weight. With improving your diet, it is also important to exercise a little. If you have a good control over your diet, you may not have to exercise a lot. It is also worthwhile to remember that weight loss is a slow process and it is not wise to expect miracles within a day or two. Control your diet and do some light exercising and stretching. A ten minute walk or the use of stairs instead of the elevator will help you shed some kilos.
Breastfeeding itself helps you burn up a lot of calories. Every day, breastfeeding helps you burn up to 500 calories. However, if you are feeling that you are ready for more, you can also join a gym or go for classes which have weightlifting for women. Though weight lifting this early after giving birth is not advised, you can at least exercise with some light dumbbells to tone up your body.